Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Voted Early

It was Friday afternoon and I found myself without transportation 2 blocks from an early voting booth. So I high tailed my unprepared self to the place, filled out the form, showed my ID, and voted. If you have read any of the previous blogs you may get the idea that McCain was my man. However, when it came right down to pushing the button, Obama became my President.

It seems to me that the poor economic conditions are so blown out of proportion by the media and politicians that we will all be so surprised when it springs back to life just like oil prices have dropped. Soon the soldiers will return from a long fought war, we can concentrate on the aspects of life that are more important.

I'm hoping to get my right to affordable health care under the Obama regime. God knows I've worked far too long for "the man" who has provided it to me at the cost of enslaving me to a corporate culture so warped that the only thing that saved my mind was a prescription to an anti-depressant.

When the election is over and we crown Obama as our new King and Savior, all of us may be able to rest more easy at night knowing that we will have our needs secure, options open, and bank accounts in tact.

3 comments:

la_chica_bonita_loca said...

8-

la_chica_bonita_loca said...

8-| . . . which translates to "rolling my eyes!"

Anonymous said...

I voted yesterday and wrote much the same thing you wrote in this post in my journal. It's time for fundamental change in the way politics run, corporate America is structured, our health care systems and lives more affordable, our environment cleaner and more sustainable. We need a strong leader to do that, and I think Barak Obama is that man. -Jenn